Monday 5 March 2012

Eames house ...

Inside the Eames house
Nook under the balcony inside the eames house
Eames house interior 
Eames house interior


Eames house interior
The top picture was one of the first images I found for moon to moon. I had no idea of what or where it was but I instantly fell in love. It is, of course the Eames house, also known as case study house no 8 and is a landmark of modern architecture in L.A.

It is totally different from my usual style but I love this room, even though it is so open it looks so warm and cosy. I would love to curl up on that sofa with the sun shinning in through those big windows...

For more information about this beautiful house see here



10 comments:

melwa said...

gorgeous post.

Kath said...

Funny enough I prefer the woodland house which popped up as "you might also like". I love the little hobbit hole house!

Styleabaad said...

I can't take my eyes off that last photo... and I wouldn't mind to have that lounge chair in my house either!

ThisIsMyFace said...

I remember seeing photos of this house's interior in design school. It was shown in b&w and EMPTY.

It's hard to believe this is the same structure. Love it.

The Flying Tortoise said...

Strange isn't it, with all that beautiful furniture, the two people chose to sit on the floor...
Hugs.
X

hippyatheart said...

ABSOLUTEY L O V E EAMES!!!!!
they are my religion. they invented ERVYTHING A I love about modern funiture and modern design. I love their space age stuff (not shown here). Btw, I will visit the house this summer while hitting L.A. ... xx

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

Oh my goodness...I love your pictures!
They are soooo inspiring!
Thank you for sharing!
Leticia

aroluna said...

totally agree, it's not bohemian, but its warm and cozy and woody and sunny and nature, well.. kind of bohemian :D

Sofia said...

I wandered around here about a year a go and have now found you again, I´m so thrilled! Love this blog!

Notes From ABroad said...

wonderful !

since there is no way I will be living IN an Eames house, I would at least like to have a few pieces of Eames furniture .. a couple of chairs will do nicely :)