Wednesday 22 August 2012

Collections : Vinyl.....

Collections: Vinyl

Collections: Led Zeppelin onVinyl
Collections: Vinyl
Vinyl collection
The Crosley record player and Fleetwood Mac's Rumours on Vinyl
Sheep skin and Vinyl

I don't know if it is the feeling of nostalgia, the smell of the old worn cardboard sleeves, or the crackle at the beginning of the record that I love the most but, one thing for sure I love vinyl! Pressing play on my ipod doesn't quite have the same thrill- (although shamefully I wouldn't be without my ipod now)

About 4 years ago we inherited my parents massive collection of vinyl, everything from Abba to Frank Zappa was in there, such a luxury, and like books it looks really nice on my shelves. Although Dan has some decks I am currently cooing over a Crosley portable record player for my babies.....






11 comments:

Loulou said...

These pictures are very nostalgic and beautiful...

Kath said...

OOh I still have all my vinyl from the 70's and would never part with them :-D

Sara Gossett said...

Love this post... you're so right about the magic that records have that is just beyond any other format! Better sound, and so much more substantial... xx!!!

aroluna said...

heartwarming...

cconz said...

Nothing like playing an album. We have been listening to our old albums all summer. The only thing i don't like is having to change or restart frequently.

Blu said...

vinylove! especially this crackle at the beginning :)

My Grama's Soul said...

Look at you with all those 33's.......I miss them, too, although I must admit I probably have a collection just like your parents.

xo

Jo

traffictieup said...

Hello there, I found your site by way of Google at the same time as looking for a related topic, your site got here up, it seems to be great. I’ve bookmarked to my favourites|added to bookmarks.

North India Tours

Linda said...

Some of my happiest memories are of being in the local record shop browsing through the 45s!! Thanks for the nostalgia!!

:)

Shakkablakka said...

Wow such a nice blog!

I always love sniffing around in vinylshops, it is just nice to hold the vinyl in your hands.

Suzanne said...

Digging out my old record player and vinyl tongiht! Thank you for posting this